At The Education Partnership (TEP) Centre, we are committed to our people and their progression through unrivalled training and a meritocratic reward system. We offer an amazing and rewarding career. We will expect a lot from you but, in return, you will enjoy richly satisfying work and the ability to learn from the best.
We welcome individuals who you are ambitious and looking to build their career journey with us.
Department: Assessment & Advocacy
Reports to: Partnership Development Officer
The recruiter is Nigeria’s pioneer education partnership consultancy, specialising in research, design, implementation, support and evaluation of education programmes, projects and initiatives across the public, private and non-profit sectors. The programme is an innovative assessment and advocacy initiative which is positioned for nationwide implementation. We seek to fill the role of a Field Liaison Officer for this programme.
The ideal candidate will have strong research and analytical skills, communication skills and a proven ability to lead, plan and manage organisational systems. The successful candidate will work as a key part of the core implementation team to coordinate the design and delivery of the programme in the following states; Anambra, Ekiti, Edo, Gombe, Kaduna and Kogi state.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The FLO will support and be partly responsible for:
- Interface between the Company and state partners, CBOs, NGOs and provide detailed reports.
- Build partnerships with institutions in each of the states.
- Responsible for facilitating communication between the Company and supervisors/CBOs per state.
- Ensure the efficient and effective planning and implementation of the project activities and outputs as per the budget.
- Responsible for the recruitment and screening of supervisors assigned to various local government.
- Responsible for the processing of travel and logistics e.g. certifying training venues, resourcing, evaluation + Quality Assurance training processes.
- Assist in creation of work plans and timelines.
- Assist in developing training schedule and training notes.
- Lead the organizing of training workshops wherein tools to be used in the development of tests are drafted.
- Working with teams to find solutions to risks and issues and reduce risk and work with stakeholders on appropriate solutions as and when required.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient disbursement of funds to volunteers, state partners, CBOs and NGOs.
- Proficiency in research and excellent analytical skills
- Passionate about education transformation in Nigeria.
- Vision for what a well-educated population would mean for the development potential of Nigeria with substantial working experience.
- Organised and able to lead physical and virtual teams.
- Has a can do attitude, and be formal.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, well networked and able to build value adding relationships with people at all levels across the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with respect for diversity.
- Degree in education or development related field from a recognised university (possession of a Masters’ degree is an added advantage)
- Minimum of 1 year of cognate experience in the development sector, research, education, policy advocacy
- Experience in working with international development organisations.
- Experience of working on development and/or donor/grant funded programmes will be an added advantage
- Multilingual speaker desirable, especially in the state of application
- As stated above
- Reports to the Partnership Development Officer
- Based in one of the following states: Anambra, Ekiti, Edo, Gombe, Kaduna and Kogi state. Applicants are required to apply for one specific state.
- Willing to travel locally if needed.
Very competitive package commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence
This position is available for six (6) months subject to renewal at the employer’s discretion.
To apply, candidates should send a copy of their CV and cover letter, using the reference “FLO Recruitment” in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for applications from state-level Non-governmental Organizations and Community-Based Organizations interested in supporting Citizen-led Household Assessment initiative.
LEARNigeria is an innovative citizen-led (CLA) household assessment, advocacy and action programme designed to generate evidence on foundational literacy and numeracy skills of children of school age in Nigeria. After a successful pilot in Lagos and Kano in 2015, LEARNigeria was implemented in six states across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria in 2017. It was implemented through a collaborative approach where representatives of various federal and state level institutions, private organisations, academics and civil society organizations partnered to design and implement the assessment across selected states. The citizen-led approach to this programme focuses on the power of citizen volunteers who are trained by LEARNigeria to assess children and give parents and local communities feedback, thus stimulating communal ownership and responsibility for children’s education. Furthermore, the evidence generated is used for policy advocacy and development of effective learning interventions which are already being implemented at community level.
Having established the efficacy and value of the model for strengthening citizen participation and learning outcomes at the local, state and federal level, LEARNigeria is now further scaling programme to reach more states across the country, strengthening the capacities of local government officials and community groups to effectively partner and implement sustainable learning programmes designed to improve the literacy and numeracy competencies of children in those communities.
LEARNigeria now seeks to identify and select credible Non-Governmental and Community Based Organizations (NGOs & CBOs) to partner with us in the implementation of the programme in the following states: Anambra, Ekiti, Edo, Gombe, Kaduna and Kogi.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
A Non- governmental organization
- Facilitate the approval of the LEARNigeria programme in the state by relevant government agencies.
- Provide access to private and government education stakeholders in the state, particularly in obtaining permissions and approvals.
- Coordinate community-based organisations (CBO) in assigned LGAs to identify potential volunteers and undertake supervision of these volunteers during the LEARNigeria programme.
- Work closely with liaison officer in organizing and conducting state level trainings for CBOs.
- Provide secretarial support for the state liaison officer.
- Other tasks based on State-level specific needs that arise in the cause of implementing the LEARNigeria project.
B Community based organization
The selected organization(s) are expected to provide support to LEARNigeria in the following areas:
- Nomination and management of volunteers in selected LGAs.
- Work closely with Field liaison officer in organizing and conducting LGA level trainings for selected volunteers.
- Assist in the supervision of household and school survey, particularly in hard to reach enumeration areas.
- Provide volunteers easy access to households in selected enumeration areas and ensure safety of volunteers in the community throughout the duration of the survey.
- Provide access to and information on public and private schools from selected enumeration areas.
- Conduct onsite quality control spot checks during the implementation of the survey.
- Collation and submission of survey booklets to the state liaison officer
- Lead and report on community engagement sessions with community leaders. Other task based on LGA-level specific needs that arise in the cause of implementing the LEARNigeria project.
Interested organizations must be able to:
- provide proof of registration as a Non-governmental organization/Community Based Organization.
- provide evidence of fiscal responsibility
- Demonstrate cordial relationship with government stakeholders in the state.
- Be actively involved in education and development in the state of interest
- Demonstrate capacity to mobilize and engage committed citizen volunteers
Interested organizations should please complete the form below, and send this along with a one- page introduction letter to email@example.com by 15th of April, 2019. The introduction letter should please state reasons for wanting to partner in the implementation of LEARNigeria.
Shortlisted organizations will be contacted from 18th April, 2019. For inquiries please contact the Partnership
Development Officer, LEARNigeria on +234 809 111 5403 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICANTS INFORMATION FORM
- Name and address of organisation:
- Details of organization contact person:
- Registration status of the organisation a) Corporate Affairs b) State Association c) Local Government Area (LGA) level d) Other (specify) (attach copy of registration certificate)
- Location of office headquarters: a) State capital b) LGA level c) Community level
- Focus area of organisation (e.g. education, health etc):
- Number of years in operation in Nigeria:
- Number of full-time staff and number of temporary staff or volunteers:
- Annual average income……………………… (attach latest financial statement)
- Examples of activities/projects carried out with dates (please provide at least 3 examples)
- Share evidence demonstrating capacity to mobilise and engage a large cohort of community volunteers.